Waiting Again | Teen Ink

Waiting Again

By Drizzle29 SILVER, Norwalk, Connecticut
Drizzle29 SILVER, Norwalk, Connecticut

Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Wind, Sand and Stars, 1939, translated from French by Lewis Galantière

The flowers blossomed
But with the feeling of rain lingering

There is not much to do
Only sit out the storm

Living through a winter
For over a year

I can only imagine
When my spring will appear

Obviously winter is meaningful to me, haha. There's always something holding you back, but you just have to learn to let go. This poem is about learning when that time is right. This was written when I couldn't imagine letting go as being an option. But now I can see that it's a good one. We learn from our mistakes.

Drizzle29 SILVER, Norwalk, Connecticut

thank you! :D i think it's nice, like simple yet meaningful :)

Aristine BRONZE, Coppell, Texas

Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy. - Scott F. Fitzgerald

The word choice in this poem was quite simple, but I liked it. It created clear images in my mind and it gets the emotion across cleanly. My suggestion would be to add some punctuation here and there to make it flow more smoothly. I can detect the underlying meaning, but you don't beat the reader over the head with it. Good job. :)