Light at the End of the Tunnel | Teen Ink

Light at the End of the Tunnel

By titangods31 GOLD, Brevard, North Carolina
titangods31 GOLD, Brevard, North Carolina

real eyes realize real lies/ true love never fades

The way I see it, he cheated on me big time and I don't want to forgive him. How many times is it possible for my heart to break over a man who didn't deserve it in the first place?
He acted like it was no big deal, and I could do nothing but insult him. I just couldn't look weak, not in front of my peers. I felt so stupid for believing all of his venomous, treacherous lies.
He was cocky, way too self confident, and completely arrogant. But I felt it made up for my lack of confidence in myself and everyone around me. Although every day my faith in him grew stronger, and everyday the idea that he would do that never came into my mind.
The day I found out your friends were on the hill with the sun blazing in the right blue sky. The girls came up to me and asked to speak with me. I thought about telling them no; I was reading a magnificent book, but I didn't and I'm glad.
"He's dating someone, and don't worry they haven't been dating long..." that's all I heard before my restless mind drifted into the sky. He was cheating and slowly I could feel my heart tearing. Maybe they were lying I thought, no I hoped they were lying.
Alas they weren't, for when I asked him he didn't deny it at all. What stupidity I felt then; as I gripped my bleeding heart. He just walked out as though we had only had a casual conversation. I cursed in my head and went to my room immediately to nurse my broken heart.
I woke up and found the tissues beside my bed and my best friend stroking my hair. She looked upset, worried at least. I sat up in bed and without speaking realization of what she was doing hit me. I needed to get over it. I got on my clothes and together we went to the mall.
I met someone new a few months later and we are very happy. My heart still bleeds and calls out for the one I can't have. Yet I think it's better this way, where he is a distant memory, not someone I need to always have around. It's a relief and I'll always cherish the moments i spent with him and always try harder to push them away<3

I wrote this piece because I've never met a girl who hasn't been cheated on even if they don't deserve it. So don't worry, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel just like in this poem.