i wish i could write you to love me. | Teen Ink

i wish i could write you to love me.

By Terrahantu BRONZE, Gillette, New Jersey
Terrahantu BRONZE, Gillette, New Jersey

i can write about the colors in the night time sky, the beautiful song of the birds in the trees, the buzzing of the honey bees and how i know why i have fallen in love but if there is one thing impossible for me to do is to write you a poem that will make you love me too. the letters, the words, the punctuation, is all you see. i wish upon a shooting star i could see you as what you really are and i wish upon this dandelion swaying in this midsummer breeze that you will see the meaning behind these symbols and sounds and find words to come out so i know how you feel cause if all of this is real, the feeling of love the feeling i get when you hold me. i hope you get these feelings when you see what i say in these poems, letters, and notes. i feel like sending them in a glass bottle overseas so maybe someone will understand me. they may fall in love with these words i say. i just will have to wait for another day sitting around waiting for you to love me too, but not for what i am, but who i am when i write these things to you.

i like writing little notes and letters for my boyfriend. i really love him and that's one of the few ways i know how to show him and be able to tell him everything i want to but i feel like he just doesn't care. i feel like he tells me he loves me just cause he feels he should. But i really want him to look beyond the words and really listen to what i say.