The One That Left Me Behind | Teen Ink

The One That Left Me Behind

By LabitGurl GOLD, Carrboro, North Carolina
LabitGurl GOLD, Carrboro, North Carolina

"Before yoy criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."

He said he would always love me
Then I find out about her
How he sneaks out at night
Just to get a glance
How he puts me on hold
So he won't miss her call
How he spend most nights going to sleep
Thinking of her

What did I do wrong?
What did I say?
Did I miss one to many calls?
Why would he do this to me?

I want to apologize
Yet, I don't know what for?
I want to hold him
I just don't know if I can
I want to see him one more time
But he doesn't deserve it

You know what?
He doesn't deserve me

liberalartist GOLD, Stillwater, Minnesota

Poeta nasicur, non fit. (a poet is born, not made)

yes...lots of passion and sad confusion

vbronk PLATINUM, Winona, Minnesota

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
― Marilyn Monroe

i really loved this poem. it showed a lot of passion toward the subject!

LabitGurl GOLD said...

easy to relate here

DanielM SILVER said...
DanielM SILVER, Kent, Washington

"I would rather hated million times for what i did then loved a million times for what i didn't do." - Daniel Moto
" I've sought out to be the best i could posibly be but when i hit a roadblock in life what did i do, i had two choices either stay at the roadblock or i take this roadblock and make of it and go around it and achieve my goal. So, what will it be?"- Daniel Mathia

"People take love like its a four letter word or just a phrase that you tell people or your friends all the time. But in reality love is much bigger than a merely phrase or 4 letter word. Instead love is a genuine promise or covenant to that special person."-Daniel Mathia

“Why change yourself when you were made perfect and wonderfully by the creator of everything?” – Daniel Mathia

“If live is not hurtin then were really not living in.” – B. Reith

That was awesome Poem. Although personally i can't realte to i have friends that have gone through this same situation. Anyhow Great Message!!

LabitGurl GOLD said...

thanks for the feed back

katinthehat said...
i really like this, and i can relate.. just one small thing that would have made this even better is if you kept your verb tenses consistant :) really good job though!

alex_gold SILVER, Southlake, Texas

'You can approach the act of writing with nervousness, excitement, hopefulness, or even despair - the sense that you can never completely put on the page what's in your mind and heart. You can come to the act with your fists clenched and your eyes narrowed, ready to kick ass and take down names. You can come to it because you want a girl to marry you or because you want to change the world. Come to it any way but lightly. Let me say it again: you must not come lightly to the blank page.'

Stephen King

can you please check out something that I have written? Its called Mist-erious Superhero!

SGNox SILVER said...
SGNox SILVER, Timberlake, North Carolina

'The stars are always there, but we miss them in the dirt and clouds and we miss them in the storms. Tell them to remember hope. We have Hope.' - Renee Yohe

Awesome poem!

I like the emotion you displayed in this. It's good.

LabitGurl GOLD said...

thank you 

alex_gold SILVER, Southlake, Texas

Stephen King

WOW! Absolutely fantastic!

madlinejoy SILVER, Deale, Maryland

let go and let God
"Love is not an emotion but a choice"

that absulutly right !!