Did you Know? | Teen Ink

Did you Know?

September 3, 2012
By mrsperegrine GOLD, Stratham, New Hampshire
mrsperegrine GOLD, Stratham, New Hampshire
10 articles 12 photos 17 comments

Did you know?
that New Hampshirite Sara Hale was the first female editor for a U.S. magazine?
that Amoskeag Mills boasts the most enormous sized American Flag in the nation?
Did you know
that Peterborough was the first town to beget a public library that lets all citizens access books without having to pay a penny?
that Hollywood icon Adam Sandler went to high school in the city of Manchester?
Did you know
that the world’s biggest cupcake was concocted by Chef Ryan Abood of Manchester, New Hampshire? It was a whopping 1,224 pounds and needed 800 eggs and half a day to bake.
that the family feature movie Jumanji was actually filmed in the quaint and bucolic towns of Keene and Swanzey, New Hampshire?
Did you know
that there have been 200 tectonic plate shakes that could be felt by New Hampshirites which took place in the 20th century?
New Hampshire may be small, some even say that it’s insular
But we New Hampshirites are leaders and innovators
We stand tall on the White Mountains and make sure our state name is heard
Loud and Clear


The author's comments:
I live in New Hampshire. New Hampshire is a very beautiful state, but unfortunately, it is often underestimated and people only think of New Hampshire as a state with mountains and trees. It turns out that New Hampshire has A LOT to offer and I thought that I would write a poem about it.