The Only One | Teen Ink

The Only One

December 12, 2012
By MaddieTaylor GOLD, Midvale, Utah
MaddieTaylor GOLD, Midvale, Utah
17 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Everything works out in the end, if it hasn't worked out, then it isn't the end."


He’s the only one for me; the only one who has any respect for me; the only one who loves me for who I truly am; the only one who knows truly how crazy I am.
He’s the only one who really understands me; the only one who really knows how much pain I am in; the only one who wants me to be happy.
The only one who would do anything to keep me safe; the only one who knows who I really am wouldn’t want me any other way; the only one who can make me smile when I’m having a really bad day.
He’s the only one who really knows how much I hate my ex; the only one who can make me laugh when I’m depressed; the only one who knows all of my pet peeves.
He’s the only one who knows just how to make me mad but knows when to stop; the only one who truly cares about me; the only one who even cares about my athletic abilities.
He’s the only one who knows when I need something to cheer me up; the only one who knows what it's like to have a younger sibling; the only one who truly cares about my life.
He’s the only one who sees right through my lies; the only one who knows just how much I hate my life; the only one who knows just what to say.
He’s the only one to truly care; the only one who’s always been there; the only one to be there for me; he’s the only one that’s just for me.


The author's comments:
I have my best friend and this is a poem that explains how much he means to me. He's more than my best friend but he's not my boyfriend, he's more of my older brother right now.