Goodnight, Nightmare. (So Over You) | Teen Ink

Goodnight, Nightmare. (So Over You)

February 23, 2013
By WickedStarcatcher DIAMOND, Massapequa, New York
WickedStarcatcher DIAMOND, Massapequa, New York
67 articles 1 photo 55 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I don't damsel well. Distress, I can do. Damseling? Not so much."
— James Patterson
"This is the very first page, not where the storyline ends, my thoughts will echo your name until I see you again..." ~Taylor Swift "Enchanted"


Goodnight, little nightmare.

I bid you goodbye.

No tears shall be shed at your meaningless departure.

There will be no memorial to your smile or to your music.

You were an unhappy thing in my heart and mind.

But soon you'll be thousands of miles away, so I can rest happy and safe.

You no longer own me,
My heart was never yours.
A fleeting love of stars,
A silent heart’s lament.

It was only one-sided, wasn’t it?
Seemingly bright and cheery,
I approached without caution.
I threw my arms around you,
And you never turned away.
Never.
Not once.
Well…maybe just once.
Maybe.

And I couldn’t let go.
Oh gosh, I just couldn’t!
There was a special, blackened piece of my heart that belonged to you.
I longed for you to claim it! Oh how I longed for you to claim it andtakee it as your own!
Had you loved me in return, it would’ve been red…Had you left me all alone…It would still be dead and yours for thetakeing.

But now I’ve thrown that piece of my heart into the fire-a hot and bright space where all those unhappy thoughts of you will eventually be bundled up and thrown.
Someone worthier came and patched up my heart-sewed it up with a thick golden thread of devotion and love…two things that you shall most likely never know, let alone feel.

If you hated the world so much, why not try and change it? Or did that silly black ensemble hold you back?

Was it really true when you told her you loved her, or was it just common sense that you would gravitate towards another of your species-the emotionally defunct, unhappy group to which you both belong?

I’m sorry, am I being rude?
And mean?
Yes, I suppose I am.

I apologize…I really do. But its true-it is! I am so over you!