Book cover | Teen Ink

Book cover

By Sparkle1pops PLATINUM, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Sparkle1pops PLATINUM, Colorado Springs, Colorado

"No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist."
- Oscar Wilde

I meet new people every time I open a book cover.
I tear through the pages of their lives,
anxiously uncovering their darkest secrets.
I learn of their sorrows and joys.
I empathize with the struggles they overcome.
I become friends with the black ink dancing on the parchment.
I never wish to bid farewell to my new found companions,
but I always reach the lone page at the end of the story that has been waiting to steal
my written family away from me.
Yet to wipe away all the sorrow of this lose I must only open another book cover.

- Oscar Wilde

ya I know right :( I really despise the last pages of books......especialy when they kill my favorite charecters lol

MattMattHatter PLATINUM, Bellevue, Washington

"Poetry is thoughts that breathe, and words that burn. "
Thomas Gray

I hate reaching the end of a book, it's like part of me dies. I want so desperately to keep reading to the end until I get there and then I want it not to be over :-(

- Oscar Wilde

hahah yes I know these feelings well....it's even worse when you finish a book series

Helena_Noel BRONZE, Burnt Hills, New York

“I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day; I'd rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way: The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear, fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear.” -Edgar Guest

A favorite subject of mine :). It semed a little weak at the end, like you were reaching. You seemed to have a better grasp of what you wanted to say... but not of how you wanted to say it. It is like the beginning and the end are different styles. I like the beginning a little beter, it seemed strong in stlye and really pulled me in. It chechoed much of my own thoughts on reading. The characters are my family! How dare the forces of (?????) Take them away! (One day I will figure out who to blame and THAT person will suffer ;) ) I think you started got a little to cauht up around "but I always reach that lone page...."ect. (Understandable, understandable....) the lines feel too lone. Perhaps you could take a look at em and see if you can break it up without having to modify the words too much. But I really DO identify with this. Good job! Nice to knkw Im not alone in my obsessive love of non existant persons.