House on a Hill | Teen Ink

House on a Hill

By Kat107 BRONZE, Centreville, Virginia
Kat107 BRONZE, Centreville, Virginia

The breeze floats swiftly through the cracks of a sodden wooden bench. In the distance birds whisper to the wind, producing a sweet melody. My heart beats as one with the river sweeping itself along the banks. Flashes of color reflect off of the pale sand as scales and fins jump out of the translucent water. The heavens begin to glow pink and dark shadows reflect off of the dark mirror of once transparent waters. Gray figures rule the sky, wings beating gently, their soft voices guiding me to the dark familiar outline of a house on a hill.

My memory of a river I used to sit by when I was young.

laurengerhard SILVER, South Windsor, Connecticut

"I am gone quite mad with the knowledge of accepting the overwhelming number of things I can never know, places I can never go, and people I can never be." -Sylvia Plath

Your imagery is beautiful.

Rach442 said...
This is stunning. I really love the imagery and description in this poem. 

AbbaDabbaDoo PLATINUM, Mountain Grove, Missouri

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise. I guess we know which one you are.

This is wonderful, with a description to match that of Mark Twain's of Jackson Island in the early morning. Keep it up!

MadelaineIrene SILVER, Euless, Texas

"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."

-Ursula K. Leguin

Sometimes this is my favorite thing to do, just write out my memories the way I remember them; poetic.  I also like to base some of my poems off of my memories, even if it's just scenery.  I like this a lot :)  It's refreshing.

Theholethatiswhole BRONZE, Auburn, Maine

"Trees are poems that the Earth writes upon the sky. We fell them down and turn them into paper, that we may record our emptiness"--Khalil Gibran

*****quality

What great imagery! You have a knack for it. It has this eerie qualitty that gives it life. I really enjoyed it.   Please give my poetry a quick look, I am always looking for constructive crticism!