Aura of Red | Teen Ink

Aura of Red

By Metalhead08 GOLD, Port Republic, Maryland
Metalhead08 GOLD, Port Republic, Maryland

"I'd rather hate you for everything you are. Than ever love you for something you are not. " FFDP "You're born alone and you die alone" FFDP "I wonder out where you can't see, inside my shell I wait and bleed." Slipknot " If youre 555 then I am 666"

Red is the color of blood
It pours from my wrists
The hurt is to much to bear
My tears sting the gaping gashes

The fire inside is burning me to ashes
Slowly I perish
Until I am almost gone
My eyes open

To the red aura surrounding you
Knowing you love me so
Forever together we may be
But I can't stay

For my hope is gone away

Thankyou so much for your amazing feedback! i appreciate it so much, truly i do!

ephemeral GOLD said...
ephemeral GOLD, Park City, Utah

"All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost"

Oh. Why my goodness this is a good poem. I especially love the first two stanzas for their clarity and poignancy. It's an interesting meter you have because it has structure and lacks structure at the same time o.O If that makes sense. My favorite line would have to be "My eyes open/To the red aura surrounding you". Definitely my favorite, but I can't spell out just why...perhaps it's the use of the motif of red but gah I like it :D