Hidden tears | Teen Ink

Hidden tears

By Artemis.Roe PLATINUM, Marysville, Michigan
Artemis.Roe PLATINUM, Marysville, Michigan

"Well-behaved women seldom make history" ---Eleanor Roosevelt
"A man of words and not deeds is like a garden full of weeds." ~~Anonymous

i smile to them. im happy for you, im happy for you... maybe if i say it enough it'll be true.... i still love you, and you're an ex, i know you still like me but you're movin on, then the other one rejected me, and both of you are now dating.... i hold back my tears i don't want to be selfish, i'm dating him... but he cant compare to the love i have for you, it pains me but i'm quiet, i force a smile and keep my voice steady... just so you wont see, this pain you've left in me... i save the tears for the place where i'm alone, where nobody'll hear.... i wish you knew the pain and sadness, i am in... save me from my suffering.... for i cant stand it much longer.... XC

A writing from about 2 months ago when i was filled with sadness, this is true, i wrote how i was feeling that day, i still remember it, that day was hard on me, but i got over it, and over both of them, i'm much better now.

LettersInSkin SILVER, Nowhere, South Carolina

The scariest monsters are the ones that lurk within our souls...
~Edgar Allan Poe

I relate to this, actually, but in a different way. It's almost the same, because two people I loved at one time, one played with my emotions then rejected me, the other made me think they loved me, just to go off and date the first one... Yeah. But I'm truly over it now.

on Sep. 18 2014 at 6:59 am

thnk you so much, :)

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

I can connect. I used to have hidden tears. I love it. You have such a talent and greatness in you. Your poem is absolutely beautiful and raw/honest. Never give up, please. The beginning is the always the hardest, but in the end, it's worth it. You are a very strong, brave, beautiful, wonderful, amazing, and talented person. And I mean it. Thank you for sharing this! ^_^