For 8 Months Now | Teen Ink

For 8 Months Now

By C.N.M. GOLD, Carteret, New Jersey
C.N.M. GOLD, Carteret, New Jersey

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel."

-Johnny Depp

All I can do is think of you. I just want something to hold on to. This distance between us is a major obstacle, but when we're together we are unstoppable. We're a power couple, we're stronger together. And when I'm with you, I always feel ten times better. You brighten my day in every way. And when it rains I feel glum, but your presence makes that part of me numb. Everyday I look forward to seeing my beau, and with every glance I feel the same way I felt 8 months ago. When you're with me I just smile because you make all the pain go away for a while. When we are together I feel like we are the only two people in the world because when I'm with you, the butterflies in my stomach swirl. They just float around and I get this funny feeling. I feel like I'm looking into the eyes of my soul mate, and inside I start squealing. I can't help it, it gets me excited. But I'm not so sure if my fate has decided. I hope it did, I really do, because I don't picture myself with anyone other than you.

I wrote this poem for my boyfriend for our 8 month anniversary.

honest_iago BRONZE, Midway, Utah

"Look on every exit as being an entrance somewhere else." --Tom Stoppard

This made me smile. You put such emotion in your poem--your boyfriend is lucky to have you because it's clear you care so much about him!