For 8 Months Now | Teen Ink

For 8 Months Now

May 20, 2014
By C.N.M. GOLD, Carteret, New Jersey
C.N.M. GOLD, Carteret, New Jersey
15 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel."











-Johnny Depp


All I can do is think of you. I just want something to hold on to. This distance between us is a major obstacle, but when we're together we are unstoppable. We're a power couple, we're stronger together. And when I'm with you, I always feel ten times better. You brighten my day in every way. And when it rains I feel glum, but your presence makes that part of me numb. Everyday I look forward to seeing my beau, and with every glance I feel the same way I felt 8 months ago. When you're with me I just smile because you make all the pain go away for a while. When we are together I feel like we are the only two people in the world because when I'm with you, the butterflies in my stomach swirl. They just float around and I get this funny feeling. I feel like I'm looking into the eyes of my soul mate, and inside I start squealing. I can't help it, it gets me excited. But I'm not so sure if my fate has decided. I hope it did, I really do, because I don't picture myself with anyone other than you.


The author's comments:
I wrote this poem for my boyfriend for our 8 month anniversary.