That Mirror | Teen Ink

That Mirror

By C.N.M. GOLD, Carteret, New Jersey
C.N.M. GOLD, Carteret, New Jersey

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel."

-Johnny Depp

When I look in the mirror, all I see is an intelligent young lady striving to accomplish her goals. When others look at me, they see a confused little girl who has multiple roles. Everyone sees me as loud, annoying, disrespectful, and rude. But that all depends on my mood. If they really knew me and made an effort to, they would see that I have a different view. I know who I am because I see myself everyday. That one mirror is the only way. That one mirror keeps me from having a breakdown. It lifts me up when I am feeling down. This mirror is definitely one of a kind. It takes away all the things that make me seem bad, and I am no longer blind. When people think they know somebody about me, they get so enthusiastic. When they tell me I'm mean, I tell them not to get confused when I'm being sarcastic. They believe they have figured it out, they tell themselves they know my story. But they lie to themselves just to feel the glory. No one knows me the way I do. And a lot of times people come up to me and say, "I'm better than you". If bragging about doing something that I am incapable of doing makes you better, I just want you to remember one letter. This letter is the wonderful letter "C". It stands for everything I am destined to be. I was born to be confident, I was born to be charismatic. I was born to be me and me is dramatic. If you don't like the way I am and how this magnificent mirror displays the real me. You are welcome to leave my life because you are now history.