What Happened to Us | Teen Ink

What Happened to Us

By C.N.M. GOLD, Carteret, New Jersey
C.N.M. GOLD, Carteret, New Jersey

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel."

-Johnny Depp

We used to be inseparable, you would never find us apart. How do I say this without breaking you're heart? I just don't think it's working anymore, we have begun to drift. I think it may be over, this is the end of our shift. This isn't easy for me, but I don't think we should see each other anymore, maybe we should walk through different doors. You are better off without me, that's the way it was meant to be. We aren't the same as when we started but right now it seems like we've parted. I don't think I can look the end in the face, at least not at this time or this place. I never thought this would happen, I never thought our time would be up. I thought our love would forever remain a cute little pup. I always knew it would grow as we did but I never knew we would grow separately and one would stay a kid. They told me that the boy would remain childish longer than the girl, but I thought we were different. I knew that we wouldn't be another statistic. Unfortunately, that is what happened. Our love just unexpectedly flattened.