Body Trouble | Teen Ink

Body Trouble

By C.N.M. GOLD, Carteret, New Jersey
C.N.M. GOLD, Carteret, New Jersey

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel."

-Johnny Depp

Why do I feel this way? I just don't get it. It's like every time I eat I need a personal paramedic. One minute I'm perfectly fine, then I start sweating and my hands start shaking. Suddenly I have become bad at decision making. I always get so excited at the sight or smell of food, but once I'm almost done, I'm no longer in the mood. I can never finish anything and my mom is starting to get worried. She says, "come one lets go," to the hospital she wants to scurry. I say, "no mommy I'm fine. I just had too much to eat," I can't dine. Even though I want to eat everything my stomach can't handle anything. I keep making trips to the restroom like it's my job and my mom always asks, "what for?" I reply with, "I have to go die on the floor." She knows I'm joking of course, but we both know I can't take it anymore. I don't know what else to ask for. I have asked Him several times to make sure I'm alright and that I get through the night. I can't keep asking and never returning. He does so much for me and I feel like I don't give back. I feel as though one day He is just going to crack. He won't do me this favor any longer, I have to solve the problem on my own. I have to get stronger, that's the only way I will have known. Known that I have grown as a person and I'm independent. I can't keep relying on Him like my life is a plane and He is the flight attendant.