human | Teen Ink

human

January 18, 2016
By chaaar SILVER, Gretna, Louisiana
chaaar SILVER, Gretna, Louisiana
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. "


i'm not easy to define. i change moods more often than outfits. i ignore opinions from people i don't like, even if they're the same as mine. I like science more than social studies but it's hard to concentrate because of my wandering mind. i often look for happiness in the same place i found it. it doesn't matter if i'm as strong as an oak tree because we exist in a sick, sad world, so don't you dare attempt to touch my soul with your infected hands. although i may not be perfect, i think you deserve to be quarantined. you could be standing right next to me and we still wouldn't be under the same sky because as I hunted mine, you were off swimming peacefully in your daydreams. you're a zombie: your heart almost beats, your mind may be racing, but you are not alive. you're a racehorse with free reins but you've been held for so long in captivity that you're unable to survive. oh god my desire for sleep runs so deep in these unoxygenated veins of mine that i'm surprised i'm not suffocating, but my mother tells me it's time to wake up and see the world for how it true is. unfortunately for her, i absolutely refuse to live in the preconceived notion of how my life is "supposed to be." at this point, you're insane if you're still trying to deny that i'm an ordinary being who doesn't fit in any of your categories because humans aren't easy to "define".