The Politics of Revenge | Teen Ink

The Politics of Revenge

By Luckystar78 ELITE, London, Other
Luckystar78 ELITE, London, Other

"..though warm as summer it was fresh as spring." (Thomas Hardy) ("Far from the Madding crowd")

The auburn: golden streaks that paint up the stork, the dark: brown stem writing poetry onto the naked palm: that rises up, with the watercolour that splashes a canvas of rainbow: glittering like gold: rich like tomato.

In sadness: a faded stream flowering over a blue sky: may animate onto a wooden film: grey like the rabbit; that emerges from the fence: pink like the green apple, that ripens in the sunflower fields. Green shoot: slippery, tiny: illuminates a portrait of nature: that is seized at the end, the white paper ripped into stardust: the picture crumbling down with a fingernail. The illusion splinters into little glass hearts; as reality hardens: like fruit: and splatters the shimmering picture.
Anger; peeled like a potato, falls red in my hands, is it sweet: I cannot finish my arithmetic: as the vegetable slips from my hands, onto the pulled cart: full of gold coals; or is it apples: at closer inspection. The gold sealing the edge of the mahogany wood: it cannot be real; or the sun would not fall: on those ripe produces: and the rain would not shed water; and the sands would not breathe fish.

A breath rips from my throat: rough as a daydream; and I think: where did it all go? The papers had lain; like daises in may: filed like brown envelopes: an unflattering shade of sellotape: old; as it coats the address. But hands, sharp as a file; had ended them in a fire: in shades of darkness: that had closed the day: that had burnt a shovel: like mud; over my insides.

As the lines in the music play: I do not miss you; but you are like a rotten fruit: the moulded insides: peeling and brown: disintegrating in my fingers, a banana laid to waste: a fruit picture of a still life; glass, jar; and brush intact: a hazy painting of colours and the time: that breaks in my hands.

This is a synaesthesia-based poem, featuring the poetry of art; with the poetic use of colours; a conceptual basis on which to explore emotion. This can also be seen in the motif of food; that layers this poem, with the sensory imager; in the verses, intended to be rich and vivid. The interpretation of poetry; as painting, to calm the senses, is a theme I explore in this work. It is a short poem; and a new type for me.