Alleviation | Teen Ink

Alleviation

By SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Felt around the rib cage,
Yes, there it was, the heartbeat;
I heaved a sigh

- Maya Angelou

That is indeed a heartwarming mind picture. I am ever so glad that you liked it Liv. Thank You so much. Love always.

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

I pictured a woman feeling around an unconcious mans chest searching for a heartbeat like one of those awesome tv dramas. Anyway, its good. I love the title and the end just conveys all the relief in the world. Brilliant as always Dua. Love, and keep rockin, Liv <3

- Maya Angelou

..........................................................

- Maya Angelou

Thanks,,, that's how I wanted it for to be,... plus I worked real hard on thinking of the perfect title.. .. I'm so glad ya liked it :)))

AugustSummerFling PLATINUM, Mylapore, Chennai, Other

'For you, a thousand times over.' - Hassan, The Kite Runner

A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit.

Lol I got the grammar jumbled in between, but I guess u get the point anyway. Great job on this!

I really loved the weariness that this poem creates in the reader. Something like 'ya I know things are not going right but I'm going to try again anyway' and you perfectly conveyed the feel that you have been stepped on so many times, but you dutifully come back rising. The only thing you left to lose was your heartbeat. Simple but deep and haunting. Full of despair.

- Maya Angelou

Well , good thing I didn't put chest instead of rib cage then and Thank You ever so much I'm always glad to see your feedback on my poetry... And the 'really' in bold just made my day and as for the title good thing I changed it at the last minute :DD  I also love the way you interpreted this. :)

- Maya Angelou

Hahaha Yep! Exactly! :)))))

EPluribusUnum DIAMOND, Woodbine, Maryland

"I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead;
I lift my lids and all is born again.
(I think I made you up inside my head)."
-Sylvia Plath

Oh, and the title's pretty!

I lift my lids and all is born again.
-Sylvia Plath

I really like this. It's a short little poem with character. I especially loved the first line, and the tired hope the poem carries with it. It's like the poem itself is exhausted but still standing, it's metaphorical rib cage expanding and contracting in the unending rythem of life. I don't know why I just wrote a metaphore about your poem, but anyways, I really like this poem :)

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Relaxing. With a touch of hope at the end, intermingled with some doubt at the beginning.