Poetry Is Like a Diamond | Teen Ink

Poetry Is Like a Diamond

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Poetry is like
a diamond, having many
facets: each one with

a unique message;
every person sees it one
way or another.

Diamonds, depending on the cut, can have up to 96 facets. (The Movado cut has 114 facets.) To me, poetry is like a diamond in the manner that not everyone sees a poem in the same way. We all interpret a poem in a different way from each other.

Waistband GOLD said...
Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York

"What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong." Robin Williams

Haha well Im glad it does  

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you, HazelGrace.

HazelGrace said...
Interesting and true- way to write well with brevity. I like this a lot

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you, thatunknownthing. (by the way, you are known to us)

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Gracias, amigo! I really appreciate your thorough feedback. It maeks me see my poetry in a different way. In a another facet...^u^

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Gracias, amiga. I can't believe you still remember that poem. I'm flattered. And thanks. I'll try to come up with something else like that. I'm not sure if you've read Ennui; I asked people to decipher it for me. Thanks, Lexus. 

thatunknownthing DIAMOND, Dubai, Other

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift; that's why they call it the present"

true. I've even considered writing some codswallop and blurb to see if it gets published in case the person reviewing the piece has a wacky state of mind at that time :P poetry is that way.

Waistband GOLD said...
Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York

Muy bien. :D (I guess we are speaking spanish now? haha) I like the truth in this poem. Everyone sees everything so differently that through poetry and its complexities people are able to reveal who they really are through there interpretations and it lets everyone express themselves in there own ways even through the same words because no one thinks exactly alike. :) Perfecto!

LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

Hola, amigo! (I know the basics. Now if I could just learn the basics for piano. Meh.) I enjoyed the simplicity of the poem, sometimes it only takes a few lines.. if only I could just figure out how to do that. I liked it all as a whole, the title, the poem, the picture, the comment.. it's all tied in so neatly. The truth in the poem is the best part.. it's just like your poem Dionysus Serves Me Cup to Drink, where we all came up with a different meaning for it. Hey, I actually liked doing that, so if you could just write a new poem that you aren't quite sure what about and let us all interpret it, that'd be great;) Haha! I LOVE your new description by the way.. so don't change this one! Haha, love ya Mckay!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Gracias. Lo aprecio mucho. And it is! 

SoulPoetry PLATINUM, Sierra Madre, California

"I will work harder" (animal farm boxer the horse)

So true amigo. me enchanta!!!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Gracias, chula! And it is! 

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

beautiful poem! :D i love it, and it's so true :P