Birthday | Teen Ink

Birthday

By Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

I wish for one thing
As I blow out these candles,
And it's having you
By my side.

Technically this is not a true Haiku since I added an extra line, but I thought, "Hey, what's so wrong about challenging the literary rules every now and then?" :P

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Haha, a quote came in mind. "Learn the rules, then break them like a pro." I think it was Picasso. I found this sweet, full of emotion, wonderful, and all together amazing. Great job! Thank you for sharing this.

Fallen_ PLATINUM, Quakertown, Pennsylvania

" a shattered world is only an opening into a new beginning with laughs, smiles, and love all around enter the world of the light and away from the broken darkness"

Love this. Don't worry rules were made to be broken and you broke it masterfully. I oove the speakers emotion its just Ahhh Perfect! Amazing, Amazing job

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

This is great!! I love the emotion IU could feel when I read those short lines :) I especially like the author's note lol. In order to succeed you must break the rules, but to break the rules, you must master them. Well done!