"Broken Fuses." By: Will Mehler | Teen Ink

"Broken Fuses." By: Will Mehler

By myemoboyromance PLATINUM, Olivehurst, California
myemoboyromance PLATINUM, Olivehurst, California

Someone’s always got to be the one to play it cool, because no one wants to feel like they have something to lose; everyone at one point blows a fuse and no matter how much they try to fix it, it seems like no use. No one really seems to say what they really went through, there's always a piece missing, never really the full truth. I can't be sure anyone really gets me when they're constantly giving me looks like they're so confused and so I just shut up and remain silent so I don't look that stupid but it's never seems to be any use.

“They say ignorance isn't an option but I can't be aware of it if I don't choose to listen. You could hate a million things about me but as you list them don't let me forget to mention how I don't care. You can make yourself feel like you've got me cornered but I'm not scared. Someone else may have brought me into this world but I'm in charge of my own nightmares and I may look a little nervous but I'm not scared."

I gotta give myself some credit, I’m more independent than I or anyone else thinks. Sure getting attached is harder than it seems, but I could go anywhere or do anything, no one may think so, so for their sakes I pray they don't blink! Watch the clock. Time goes by faster than you think, I’m here now but I could vanish in a wink of an eye. Life's hella fragile and plans unmanageable so say what you want now and forget your good byes because everything changes when we close and then get too scared to open our eyes.

Trust me I don't need a checkup, I just need to check out. I think a Lil medicine would help any unbearable pain by helping me space out. Call me crazy, but unlike most who think inside the box I'm not afraid to open it up and just climb out. Like all things that have a label if you read me carefully my warning sign says "in danger of losing anything I come to love, any one unable to handle the adventure keep out," It's engraved across my heart as if it was a speaker just waiting to be blown out. I'm not sure anyone could handle the volume or the sound and so I yell at them to get out because there's no room here for anyone else but me.

It's just how I was made to feel today and so It was just the way it came out."