Best Friends for Never by Lisi Harrison | Teen Ink

Best Friends for Never by Lisi Harrison

By Cierra14 BRONZE, Dell Rapids, South Dakota
Cierra14 BRONZE, Dell Rapids, South Dakota

In this story about the constant drama conflict within the cliques in high school, the book connects conflicts that seem confusing at first. The popular clique takes over the school, along with the drama.
Best friends for never is the perfect kind of book filled with high school cliques and drama. Massie tries to take over the school with her buddies. She starts to make everyone be jealous of her and wants them to praise her. One conflict begins with her and Claire because Massie is becoming jealous of Claire. Massie tries to start rumors about Claire. Eventually, everybody forgets about Massie, even her closest friends. Along comes Halloween and two big parties; Claire’s and Massie’s.

Harrison creates based story-telling, allowing the reader to view the main characters different opinion of each situation. She uses the overdrawing drama to bring up a conflict and have the girls exaggerate in their reactions and try to get the readers to wonder what is going to happen next.

This story affected me, making me think why most high school drama movies and stories are like this; but not in real life. A conflict in high school could affect the rest of your life, maybe what would like be if high school was really like that? High school would scare me.

At first, I wasn’t sure how I felt about “Best friends for Never,” but as I read it, I realized that the girls are just overreacting. Although it was confusing at times, I thought this book was pretty good.

brittany123 said...
this book is so cooooooooollllllllllllll