Born Confused by Tanju Desai Hidier | Teen Ink

Born Confused by Tanju Desai Hidier

Born Confused an extraordinary novel, will take you on the ride of your life. Even though they're many other books I could've chose from this one stood out the best. For its style, real life characters, situations, and its connection to the world. This book, born confused, is a pack of starburst and skittles. Enjoy!

The author, Tanju Desai Hidier, has away of saying things without actually saying anything at all. Does that make sense? Well for example the title born confused. It simply means that this misfortunate person was born into the world with bold question marks as brain cells. If someone asked me to explain this to him or her I probably would've said the same thing, (that literally is what it means) even so what if literally isn't enough, what if we have to beyond what's just there, to search and strip the truth. However this is only one of a few examples that Tanju gives.
Dimple the main character in the book Born Confused, is a very unique person. Dimples character is a 17-year-old teen growing up in confusion, though she is not aware of it. Dimple thinks she knows everything she needs to know. She's a good student, has a great friend, and "oh so perfect" parents. This book, and the character Dimple helped me realize mainly one thing, growing up is only going to get worse, unless you're willing to make it all right.
13,14,16, and older, the confusion begins. Born confused relates to me in a way. Though Dimple is older than I am. We are two teens living it out in this corrupt universe. December 4.2006, my dad boarded a plane and rolled over to America. It was the first time I've seen him in person, in 7 years. Everyone was excited, but it didn't change the fact that he wasn't here. I mean it's not his fault right? Dimple took a real long time finding herself, her past, and even a part of her future. It might take me twice as long, decades even, but no matter how long it takes I'll find myself.
Although we all hate to say it the ending of a book is our favorite part. Am I wrong? This golden book, born confused ends in the most simple, most amazing way. The author uses what I call cover-ups, the cover up is simple writing gone genius. We all know how a story ends from the beginning, whether hilarious, tragic, amazingly dull, or very beautiful (hint: teardrops) Too bad I cant tell you my favorite part, because it just so happens to be the end. All I can say though is dimple found what she was looking for, and don't ask me because you have feet and a nearby library.
So there you have it, my 6-paragraph review. Born confused, I hoped I've proved to you is a sweet tooth book, worth every star in the planet. My words, these words, were true and honest. I cant guarantee that you'll feel the same way I do about this book, or if even you'll like it. But you should at least give it a try, it's not the greatest book of all worlds, but for its creativity, sense of humor, and its most honest description. All the planets, worlds, and universe's deserve all there stars stripped from them and scattered across the pages of Born Confused.