Stay With Me by Freymann-Weyr | Teen Ink

Stay With Me by Freymann-Weyr

By Ren-P. PLATINUM, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Ren-P. PLATINUM, Tulsa, Oklahoma

"You must give up a life you’d planned in order to have the life that’s waiting for you." ~ Joseph Campbell

Book Review of Stay With Me by Freymann-Weyr I checked out Stay With Me by Garret Freymann-Weyr from the public library thinking okay this looks goodÓ but ended up loving the book so much I just had to buy it. With the first paragraph the book captures you and makes you read on, not wanting to stop for anything. This is a story, in part, about a sixteen year old girl named Leila and her desire to be with Eamon. Eamon is a regular customer at the café where Leila works. And they begin to have a relationship that takes surprising turns. But on a deeper level this is about LeilaÕs growing closer to her family after tragedies occur. She manages to solve whatever problems are thrust at her; those problems are everything from love, coping with sad events and figuring out how to understand complex books she must read for English class. This book might make you cry and it WILL make you laugh while at the same time you are wondering how everything in LeilaÕs world will ever be resolved.