Into The Wild | Teen Ink

Into The Wild

Into The Wild

This book definitely is the food for any reader with an appetite to express your inner need for the wilderness.

Chris McCandless, coming from an upper middle class family, has never liked his parents, or a materialistic lifestyle. He has a car, nice clothes, and has just graduated from College. His sister, Carrine, is the only person who knows of his plan. His plan is to travel to Alaska, with no money, and basically the clothes on his back.

He leaves his home in Virginia, drives to desert near the Hoover dam, where is car breaks he continues by foot. He meets colorful, thoughtful, and deep people in his travels, and forms spider webs of relationships just about anywhere he goes. He eats when he can, sleeps when he does, and travels, and enjoys life throughout his journeys.

Another reason I like this book is because it takes place in eastern South Dakota, which is where I live.

This book is a true story, which I find great because to know all this action happened in real life is just astonishing. This book was recently made into a movie, which I enjoyed also, but I definitely recommend anyone who is interested in this review to read the book, and then see the movie.

So if you have a side of yourself the feeds on adventure, then these true events would be something you would definitely enjoy. Out of any book I've read, I would certainly recommend this book to any teen reader.

great job on this piece. thats supposed to be a great book, but also a hard read. great work!