The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa | Teen Ink

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

By LoveHappens PLATINUM, London, Other
LoveHappens PLATINUM, London, Other

"Dream Like You'd Die Tomorrow"

‘“Sometime in your life Allison Sekemoto, you will kill a human being. The question is not if it will happen, but when. Do you understand?”’ – Kanin from Julie Kagawa’s The Immortal Rules

In Kagawa’s heart-pounding, plot-twisting, and intriguing novel, The Immortal Rules, heroine Allison Sekemoto’s life changes drastically as her reality is turned upside down when she becomes the creature she despises most: a blood-thirsty vampire with an urge to kill. Set in the future, when the world is plagued by vampires who use humans as blood-cattle, Allison is all too familiar with life in the Fringes where she must hunt for food and protect her friend, Stick. There is but one rule: survive. Allison is suddenly taken down by a creature known as a rapid, where upon she is given a life-altering choice by vampire Kanin. She chooses to live and seals her vampire fate. Her loyalty betrayed by a friend and forced to leave her mentor Kanin, Allison sets off in search of a place to call her own. Unexpectedly, along the way, she meets up with an unusual band of humans who are in search of a better life in a place known as Eden.
Kagawa takes her readers on a fast-paced, non-stop action, breathtaking adventure as she explores the truth of what it means to be truly human. Allison must brave a world wrought with terror and find the strength to fully give her heart to a human being.
Blood. Death. Betrayal. Love. Does Allison have what it takes to keep her vampire identity undercover in a sea of humans, or will Zeke be her next blood bag? Kagawa’s The Immortal Rules puts a fresh spin on vampires and puts humanity under the microscope. I recommend this novel to everyone, even those who are a bit tired of vampires and fangs. This novel is definitely one to sink your teeth into!

I absolutely loved this novel!

IzzyVT SILVER said...
IzzyVT SILVER, N. Ferrisburg, Vermont

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

It definitely sounds like a good read...love the ending line. (: