East (Based off of the fairytale East of the Sun and West of the Moon) by Edith Pattou | Teen Ink

East (Based off of the fairytale East of the Sun and West of the Moon) by Edith Pattou

By BriRose2014 SILVER, Fremont, Nebraska
BriRose2014 SILVER, Fremont, Nebraska

"A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy."
-George Jean Nathan

Well, this book is unlike many others books I have read. The book is based off of a fairytale known as East of the Sun and West of the Moon. Two of the book's main characters, Rose and the White Bear, were my favorite characters. I loved Rose's adventerous spirit as it reminded me of how I used to be as a child, and am (somewhat) today. The White Bear's love for music was something I loved as well, since I am a huge fan of music and anything that deals with it. This book took me on an adventure from beginning to end, and it kept me on my toes. This book is definitely a good read and I hope that someone will take the time to read it and feel as enchanted as I did. I also hope someone will fall in love with it just as I did.

This was a really good read. It was nothing like any of the other books I've read.