In Front of God and Everybody: Confessions of April Grace by K.D. McCrite | Teen Ink

In Front of God and Everybody: Confessions of April Grace by K.D. McCrite

By bookbelle SILVER, Okemah, Oklahoma
bookbelle SILVER, Okemah, Oklahoma

"I'm not a smart aleck, I'm just so smart everyone else seems to think so."

I picked up In Front of God and Everybody: Confession of April Grace because the cover and title both interested me. I have to say I am thrilled to have read such a book. It was one I not forget quickly.

April Grace, the main character, has to deal with a lot. Not only does her sister refuse to do her share of the work and her rich, overly dramatic neighbors are driving her crazy; but now her grandma has a boyfriend who April just can’t trust. Through all of this everyone is telling her to be kind to and not judge the very ones who are making her life miserable.

The story takes place in the Ozarks of Missouri and this is obvious in the country style advice and humor written in the book. April Grace is a witty and relatable character who I quickly fell in love with. Reading this book, though, you fall in love with, not only April Grace, but entire cast of incredible characters.

In Front of God and Everybody is a book I would recommend to any of my friends and am waiting anxiously to read the next story in this sure to be brilliant series.