Cirque Du Freak | Teen Ink

Cirque Du Freak

By e.nadeem PLATINUM, Karachi, Other
e.nadeem PLATINUM, Karachi, Other

Cirque Du Freak is a twelve-book series by Darren Shan. Although it is not too widely known, those who have read it know that there is hardly any series that can compete with this one. If you’re a Harry Potter fan, they you might have spotted the compliment of JK Rowling on the cover of each of its book. She says: “Compelling . . . A plot full of twists that leaves the reader hungry for more.” I couldn’t have put that in better words myself. The plot of Cirque Du Freak is so exciting and thrilling, that after every book, the reader is desperate to get their hands on the next one.

Cirque Du Freak is a vampire story. It stars a boy name Darren Shan. What is so interesting is that the main character has the same name as the author; throughout the series the author, Darren Shan, has kept his word firm that every word of this horror series is true. This series is about a sequence of evils and terrible calamities that arise after Darren Shan turns into a half-vampire, to save the life of his best friend. As he struggles to leave behind the past and get used to the new lifestyle, he undergoes treacherous battles against the enemies, the vampaneze. The readers are dying to know what happens next as Darren Shan yet again proves hero to the vampire world.

This series is the most stimulating and bloodcurdling to be seen in a long time. Darren Shan has become relatively well-known because of his creativity in producing such a horror story that gives each reader goose bumps. As terror after terror strikes, the reader is sure to remain glued to the series until the very last page. Darren Shan’s exuberant style of writing Cirque Du Freak ensures that there will not even be a single line where the reader is bored. Cirque Du Freak is a miracle series, and all horror-loving fans will devour it enthusiastically.