Son Complex (Book Review) by Kris Williamson | Teen Ink

Son Complex (Book Review) by Kris Williamson

By Nurin Annisha Abdul Razak SILVER, Seremban, Other
Nurin Annisha Abdul Razak SILVER, Seremban, Other

Based on the book thatI’ve read in school holidays, I think this book is very fascinating because it tells us about so many issues in our country, Malaysia. The book is really for teenagers because the writing is very easy to understand. This book is about Aaron, a 23 year old American, comes to Malaysia for the first time to meet Nasri Aziz, the politician he believes in his biological father.

This book is amazing because Aaron who flies to Malaysia to dig his details on his past. His late mother, Nora Peltzer spend some time there a few years ago and with many old letters on hand, Aaron embarks on a journey to find out more information about his late biological father. The story starts when Aaron arrived Kuala Lumpur International Airport and he met Nasri Aziz, who is a politician. Nasri offered Aaron to use his guest room and Aaron is introduced to the lady in the house, Datin and her son, Iskandar. Aaron’s real quest is kept a secret from Nasri’s son and Datin but that doesn’t stop him from getting to know Iskandar who opens the door of Kuala Lumpur to introduce him. Aaron finds that things are not easy as he expected and he is caught up in a web of lies.

In the end, there was a lot of promise in the story. Many informations was readily given and it was a really interesting book for us. I can say that this book is really interesting and suitable for the locals.