Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith | Teen Ink

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith is the third and final prequel in the Star Wars franchise. It has been three long years since the Clone Wars began, and things are not going to so well. Count Dooku is leading attacks on the republic and Chancellor Palpatine has been captured by General Grievous, who happens to be the commander of the droid army. Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kanobi end up rescuing the chancellor, but General Grievous escapes, and as a result, the war continues on. The Jedi Council begins to form suspicions about Chancellor Palpatine with whom Anakin has an odd but strong bond. Because the Jedi Council asks Anakin to spy on the chancellor and report his behavior, Anakin Skywalker grows angry about this and begins to become enraged with the Jedis, while trusting Chancellor Palpatine even more. 

The vividly outstanding visual effects capture the science fiction-esque and transports the audience into a galaxy far, far away. All of the battle scenes are made all that much better by these superb special effects. The entire movie is adventurous, exciting and truly depicts how things came to be in the later movies. The birth of Darth Vader is an interesting one, and this movie takes all of the momentum from the first two sequels to create one of the more well known villains of all time. 
 This movie has a fair amount of twists and turns that are genuinely surprising to even dedicated fans. There are tons of electrifying light saber battles between fan favorite characters and some scenes that accurately show the full force of the fantasticly innovative force. Anakin Skywalker's transformation is one for the ages and builds up a classic tale about good versus evil and friends being turned against each other. Yoda and Mace Windu also add entertainment to the quintessential prequel for the stunning Star Wars franchise. It's not hard to see why Rotten Tomatoes gave the movie a fairly high 79%, which is the highest out of the three prequels, and why 93% of Google users liked the movie, which also happens to be the highest number out of the three prequels. 

Without a doubt, Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith is the greatest sequel out of the three for it has arguably the most intense plot as well as the ability to say that it finished the journey that George Lucas started all the way back in 1977.