Avengers: Endgame-Movie Review | Teen Ink

Avengers: Endgame-Movie Review

SPOILERS AHEAD! SPOILERS AHEAD! SPOILERS AHEAD! SPOILERS AHEAD! SPOILERS AHEAD!

Avenger Endgame was released worldwide on April 26, 2019. It is one of the most anticipated movies of all time and was already breaking records before it was released. It is the 22nd film in the Marvel CInematic Universe (MCU). The MCU is series of movies that focus on the Marvel Superheroes that are in the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and more. The MCU started in 2008 and has no signs of stopping. The 11 years of MCU films have all been leading up to this. This is the fourth Avengers film. The original Avengers consist of Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye and Black Widow. Avengers Endgame takes place right after Avengers: Infinity War. The movie starts out right after Avengers: Infinity War when Thanos snaps his fingers. We see Clint Barton living with his family. This scene happens right as Thanos snaps his fingers and Clint's wife and children disappear. Then the movie goes to a scene where Tony Stark and Nebula are on a ship adrift in space with no signs of hope. Soon, Captain Marvel comes and rescues them and takes them to the Avengers Compound. Next, the movie goes to the Avengers where they decide to go find Thanos. Thanos was resting after “The Snap” in Avengers: Infinity War when the Avengers find him. By this time, Thanos had already destroyed the Infinity Stones. Thor was so enraged from his failure in the past that he killed Thanos. After this event, the movie jumps to 5 years later. After the time jump, we see all the Avengers are living their own lives. Tony Stark (Iron Man) is living out in the country with his wife (Pepper Potts) and their daughter. Steve Rogers (Captain America) has started a therapy group with those who lost family members in “The Snap”. Bruce Banner (Hulk) has kept studying science and is stuck in a state where he is Hulk physically and Bruce Banner mentally. Natasha Romanoff (Black Widow) is staying at the Avengers Compound and keeping watch. Thor Odinson (Thor) has been is a depression since he killed Thanos. Thor was living in New Asgard with Korg and Meek. He has gained weight and is an alcoholic. Hawkeye (Clint Barton) was enraged by the death and he decides to change his persona to Ronin. He traveled around the world killing others that he thought was responsible for his family’s death. After that, we see Black Widow in the Avengers compound and Steve Rogers is there. They soon find Scott Lang (Ant-Man) who was presumed to be dead, at the front door. They started questioning him about how he was able to survive. Then we see Black Widow going out to find Ronin and bring him back. When Ronin get back, he decides to get his bow and arrows back. After this, the Avengers decide to get matching suits. They found out to travel back in time and get the Infinity Stones. All of the Avengers split up and go back in time. They got all the Infinity Stones and decide to reverse the effects of “The Snap”. At this time, Thanos from the time period where they got the Infinity Stones figured out how to go the present. Also, while they were getting the Soul Stone, Black Widow sacrificed herself to get the stone. Thanos decides to bring an army of Outriders and Chitauri. Thanos’ warriors destroy the Avengers compound. The Avengers were not suspecting the attack and were trying to protect the Infinity Gauntlet and the Infinity Stones. Once the Avengers were Assembled and ready to go face-to-face with Thanos and his warriors, all the heroes that were killed in “The Snap” showed up to help fight Thanos. After a hard-fought battle Thanos finally got the Infinity Gauntlet. As he was about to snap his fingers, Iron man came up, switched out the gauntlet, and snapped his fingers. The snap killed Thanos and all of his warriors. The snapped also hurt Tony Stark very badly. He eventually died from very bad wounds. Next, we see a funeral for Tony Stark. After the funeral, we see the remaining heroes return the Infinity Stones to the appropriate time period. When Captain America went back in time he came back as an old man. When he went back in time he ended living his life with Peggy Carter. Steve Rogers then gave his shield to Sam Wilson (Falcon). In most MCU films, there is a mid-credits and post-credits scene. Instead, there is only an audio clip at the end of the credits. Overall, this was a great movie. It was one of the best movies of all time. It currently has a 94% on Rotten Tomatoes. It was a great conclusion for this era of the MCU and some of our favorite characters.

This is a movie review about Avengers:Endgame.