Ocean's Eleven | Teen Ink

Ocean's Eleven

December 16, 2019
By Anonymous

 Ocean's Eleven proves to be an exhilarating and dramatic tale about a group of friends that execute the heist of a lifetime. The movie revolves around the dapper and always invigorating Danny Ocean, who is by no uncertain means a man that likes to wait around for action to happen. In fact, Danny is famous for getting the job done when he wants to get it done, and this is exactly why he has become such a treasured thief, at least by those that are thieves as well. Growing a poor reputation with those that have something to lose, Danny Ocean has become almost a bit of a legend in regard to his talent and ability to steal just about whatever he can get his hands on. It isn't even a full day from landing a parole, once getting out of prison, that Danny Ocean already strives and plans to make his next move. Because Ocean is thorough in his planning and attempts to ensure that a strategy to gain what he wants is always successful, Danny understands how it's necessary to use thoughtful tactics that dilute the enemy's strength and boosts his own chances of being efficient. As a thief full of charisma, Danny already has the plan ready before people can even begin to question him about what he's about to do next. Sticking to his motto of choosing to not hurt anybody or steal from those that don't deserve it, Danny Ocean continues to play the game like a true gentleman in a way, only harming and affecting those that he deems worthy of such a punishment. It is actually within this confident mindset that Danny becomes convinced he needs to play the game of thievery as if he has nothing to lose, and with his raw determination, it becomes clear that Danny has a real chance to execute his latest plan yet. Gathering together a diverse group of young gentlemen that all have something to bring and offer to the table, Danny Ocean plans to pull off one of the most elaborate and expansive casino heists in the history of both casinos and thievery itself. With the goal of regaining the love of the woman he deeply cares for, as well as punishing the man that took it all away from him, Danny Ocean attempts to set his entire life right through one massive, risky heist. 

 Ocean's Eleven proves to be a dramatic adventure that combines together emotion and intensity to create a true roller coaster ride that knows how to keep the adrenaline pumping. With the ability to create captivating and compelling characters, the movie becomes a truly engaging film in which audiences can't help but root for their favorite characters. In fact, this is one of the prime joys of the movie in that there are so many different main characters that there is at least one character that will suit well with viewers and make them want to cheer and root for said character. This effectively and efficiently sucks audiences into the world of thievery and large heists, and before long, watchers might just find themselves feeling the stress and risks of such in the process. 
 Ocean's Eleven may not be that complicated of a film in its premise, but it brings together a star-studded cast that serves as the glue to make the whole entire adventure click. George Clooney is spectacular as Danny Ocean, and as a talented actor famous for several different roles, this might just be one of his finest performances yet. He creates a captivating protagonist that makes the world of thievery and heists an exciting place to exist in, and the way in which he captures the emotion and passion of such a character is truly remarkable. Not to be outdone, Matt Damon is superb as Linus Caldwell, and while he may not be the central character, he still provides plenty of humor, reliability and gives viewers a lot to like with his triumphant performance. He allows the tone of the movie to be balanced in its entirety and is a true benefit to the film as a whole. Brad Pitt is also incredible as Rusty Ryan, and he provides an uncanny contrast to Matt Damon's character. Pitt, Damon, and Clooney form a terrific trio that are truly a marvel to watch, and while there are plenty of other notable roles, including Andy Garcia's Terry Benedict, this trio is the true heart and soul of the film. 

 Ocean's Eleven is a true classic that combines together the very best elements of mystery movies, thrillers and crime flicks to form a riveting and invigorating story that will hold the audience's attention until the very end. With a hoard of brilliant twists and turns that come at nearly every inch and corner, there's no denying that viewers truly don't know what to expect in this film packed to the brim with surprises. Capable of pleasing both viewers and critics alike, with Rotten Tomatoes giving the movie an impressive 82%, the movie is simply nothing short of a fine fit for a wide variety of audiences. This is an absolute must-see. 


The author's comments:

"Because the house always wins. Play long enough, you never change the stakes, the house takes you. Unless, when that perfect hand comes along, you bet big, and then you take the house." - Danny Ocean