Hobbs and Shaw | Teen Ink

Hobbs and Shaw

January 17, 2020
By Jmusgrove BRONZE, Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
Jmusgrove BRONZE, Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Everyone has that one friend that you can't stand.  You used to be really good friends, and now its a constant battle.  But as soon as you finally agree to start working together, everything comes back and it's like you guys never stopped being friends.  In the movie “Hobbs and Shaw” a spin off of  “The Fast and The Furious” with the characters Jason Statham and Daywan Johnson as Luke Hobbs and Deckard Shaw portrays this connection.  This movies was the seventh highest-grossing film in 2019.In a suspenseful, action filled, heart warming, and hysterical, way that leaves you sitting on the edge of your seat.  


Hattie Shaw stole a lethal pathogen that could wipe out half the world population in the middle of it being transported.  A cybernetically-enhanced terrorist Elba and his team tried to stop her so he could have it for himself, and threaten the world with the virus.  Hattie knows she will not win in a battle with Elba and would end up losing the virus, so she injects the virus into her hand so he can not get it Hattie fleys the county in hopes of not getting found.  Lawman, Luke Hobbs and lawless operative, Deckard Shaw are called to work together to find the missing sample of this lethal super virus. Despite their differences they need to work together to stop this pathogen from destroying humanity and the key is to find MIA MI6 agent Hattie.


Hobbs and Shaw team up with MIA MI6 agent Hattie, Shaws estranged sister to fight an army of mercenaries lead by a genetically enhanced soldiers trying to get agent Hattie to extract the super virus out of her hand.  This action comedy drug us through Elbas headquarters and a warehouse with all this high tech equipment. When the three of them escape being tied down, they are back on the run. The three of them establish ground at Hobbs home place with his Samoa family he left decades ago. Of course with this being a spin off of Fast and Furious, it's a given that there shall be a car scene where Dyane Johnson and Jason Stathem can finally put to rest the iconic 9 movie sequel peacefully.  


Things start to heat up when they put a plan together for when Elba and his soldiers come to get the pathogen back.  Cars and guns were going to be the main weapons in this battle, but when Hobbs mama said she got rid of all the guns they are left with no other choice but to go old school with homemade weapons.  When Elba's army arrives, the war beguines with a sacred dance with all of Hobbs family along with Shaw and his sister. This lets them know it's war.  

 

This movie is a must see if you love a good laugh, but a serious action movie, that will leave you guessing what is going to happen next, or how the movie is going to end.  I highly recommend this movie for a date night or just a movie night with your family. You will not be disappointed with the plot of this movie.