Feel the Beat movie Review | Teen Ink

Feel the Beat movie Review

March 2, 2022
By Agup BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Agup BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Finding a good movie that is appropriate for all ages can sometimes be difficult. Especially during the summer, as all kids are off of school, and often want to watch movies, and just relax. Luckily, during the summer, Netflix released a family, dance comedy- drama film, “Feel the Beat”, a tale of a group of girls working hard to win a dance competition. This movie is about a broadway girl, April Dibrani (Sofia Carson) whose career ended because of her rude attitude towards a famous person. The only way she can remain in broadway is if she convinces Mr. Wong( Rex Lee). Due to her rejection in the audition, April has to move to her hometown where she lives with her dad. She finds her old dance teacher, who tries to convince April, to come back to the dance studio, and help a group of girls. Through courage, April assists these girls in winning the dance competition, while still going through her struggling life. This includes, her receiving hate from her students, being on the show of Mr. Wong, and struggling to find love again with her high school boyfriend. This mixture of romance, yet comedical drama is an inspiring movie, for everyone who thinks giving up hope is the only answer. It shows no matter how annoying a person is, they still have goodness hidden inside of them. It makes the viewer see their hidden character. This movie is like a mixture of the plot A Second Chance, Raising the Bar and Full out. The elements found in both Feel the Beat and A Second Chance inspire the viewers about never giving up, instead to take a second chance to your advantage and rise up. Secondly, Feel the Beat and Raising the Bar raise in our hearts the power of friendship, and humor above all is the best way to keep us encouraged. Lastly, Feel the Beat and Full Out give the viewers a feel of determination through the power of dance. There is really no main protagonist or antagonist in this movie, instead it's a movie with a group of girls as the protagonist and no antagonist other than the competition itself. If you haven’t already, you should definitely give this inspiring movie a shot, as it is definitely worth the time to spend on.


The author's comments:

This article is a movie review of Feel the Beat, along with other movie comparisons.