28 Days Later | Teen Ink

28 Days Later

December 25, 2009
By WriterA.M. PLATINUM, Denver, Colorado
WriterA.M. PLATINUM, Denver, Colorado
40 articles 0 photos 58 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Ignore corruption and achieve perfection"- me


This film gives the zombie genre a complete makeover as they are now given the ability to run,(though I think it was stolen from the Gamecube remake of the original Resident Evil). So the basic plot of the film is that these lab monkeys are infected with a new disease dubbed RAGE. And when two animal rights people break into the compound to free them one of them becomes infected and instantly becomes a canibalistic raging beast who attacks and infects everyone else.Eventually the whole country is infected. The film then goes forward in time and introduces a man who wakes up in a hospital and discovers that it's deserted baffled about were everyone is he walks out of the hospital and wanders into a deserted post apocalyptic city. Unlike previous apacalyptic films in which people already know the harsh environment this film is about a man who has no clue what he has entered. The first time he encounters the infected he's like, "Hay sir are you ok"? to a bloody limping hissing blood-red eyed priest. Can't the guy put two and two together? I mean he just saw the empty streets and everyting shouldn't that be enough to tell him something is wrong? He finally gets the picture when a whole horde of raged mainiacs comes charging at him. He is saved by a group of survivors in just the nick of time and he befriends them and joins them throughout the story. Several people will die, and you will care for them. This is one of the best zombie like flicks though it is overshadowed by the excellent sequel at least in my opinion some people prefer this installment over 28 Weeks Later, go figure.