The Blind Side | Teen Ink

The Blind Side

By sarap611 BRONZE, Winslow, Maine
sarap611 BRONZE, Winslow, Maine

John Lee Hancock’s The Blind Side is a moving story based on Michael Oher, the former boy without a home who became the offensive left tackle man for the Baltimore Ravens. Yes, the Nation Football League. The movie speaks of a unique story about number seventy-four, who genuinely serves as a consummate example of the famous ‘American Dream.’ From the flickering ghetto street lights to the NFL stadium beams, Oher used his aspiring talent of football integrated with the love of his family to reach the top.

Oher serves as a striking, lovable football player not only for the future players of the NFL, but for all athletes, coaches, and the entire family. The movie consisting of Quinton Aaron, Sandra Bullock, and Jae Head have nominees for eight movie awards, currently winning three; a Critic’s Choice Award, a Golden Globe, and a PFCS Award. Laugh-out-loud funny, occasionally tear jerky, and most of all heartwarming, the Blind Side is a well produced movie good for hanging with some friends or spending time with the family.