The Blind Side | Teen Ink

The Blind Side MAG

February 25, 2010
By Bettina Miele BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
Bettina Miele BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“The Blind Side,” written and directed by John Lee Hancock and starring Sandra Bullock, is an inspirational movie based on the true story of the beginning of Michael Oher's football career.

Oher, who was born into poverty, is admitted into a highly competitive school and adopted by the Tuohys. Bullock infallibly plays Leigh Anne Tuohy. She and Oher, played by Quinton Aaron, form a kindred bond. She eventually helps him pass his classes and become an essential member of the football team and a sought-after man by many universities. Oher goes on to become a professional football player for the Baltimore Ravens.

I thought this was going to be a sappy movie that would make me cry. But “The Blind Side” is funny and inspirational. Not many movies teach a lesson. This one showed me what life could be like if I let nothing stand in my way. Movies today are usually about sex, love, or animated creatures. This one shows the meaning of family and true love. Achieving your dreams is the focus of the movie – not just that Oher becomes a professional football player, but how family gets him there.

Even if you're not a football fan, this movie will touch your heart in some way. I recommend everyone see “The Blind Side” because it targets every audience.