Sherlock Holmes | Teen Ink

Sherlock Holmes

February 23, 2010
By Kalika Shelar BRONZE, Naples, Florida
Kalika Shelar BRONZE, Naples, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

A Warner Bros Studios release, produced by Joel Silver

Everyone has heard of the famous fictitious detective, Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock Holmes is a recently released movie that has caught the attention of many people from ages 13to and older who likes a good mystery. Robert Downey Jr. plays Sherlock Holmes in this film.

Do you like action, mystery, or maybe even comedy movies? If so, you might want to check this one out. In the film, Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson, his friend, defeat Lord Blackwood. Lord Blackwood was sentenced to be hanged for the use of black magic! But when a villager sees Lord Blackwood walking around the grave yard after being pronounced dead, things get a little suspicious. Lord Blackwood then goes on to try and kill more innocent people. So Sherlock Holmes and his partner, Dr. Watson, must catch Lord Blackwood before anyone else is killed. But while Sherlock is in the middle of this case, the love of his life, Ms. Irene Adler is trying to keep him from figuring the mystery out. Will Sherlock find Lord Blackwood and send him to his death? Watch the movie to find out!

There are basically four main characters. Sherlock Holmes is the detective who uses his skills and mind to figure out how to catch the evil villain. Dr. Watson is Sherlock’s friend and serves as his assistant when solving mysteries. Lord Blackwood is the evil villain in this story, and his mission is to kill as many people as possible. Ms. Irene Adler and Sherlock Holmes’s relationship is very complicated. They love each other, but she is working for the villain.

If you like action-packed mystery, then this is the movie for you! Sherlock Holmes is rated PG-13, so if you’re under 13, you might want to take a parent or guardian with you to see it. Don’t worry; they will love the movie too. If you want to find out what happens to Sherlock Holmes, go watch the film in theatres today!