Deaths kindness | Teen Ink

Deaths kindness

By Thinker PLATINUM, Na, Connecticut
Thinker PLATINUM, Na, Connecticut

A wise word does not make the speaker wise.

Review for “Meet Joe Black”
This is a piece where “Death” takes over the body of a young lawyer, who had just fallen in love with a multibillionaire’s daughter. The daughter is a quiet and kindly Doctor working at a local hospital, obviously her father’s favorite. Aside from the entire family living under one massive roof and the resonating peace in the house hold, there is death. He visits that night during dinner, requesting the multibillionaire rather than the daughter. After informing him that he was going to die, unless he agreed to be deaths mentor, the plot unravels into an auspicious and wise conundrum. The story challenges the ideas of death and life, the morals of humanity. Not to mention the story begs the question, “Why examine the workings of THIS man’s life?” The blooming romance and between death and the good doctor beg the question if death can love and why it would, along with are death and life the same entity? On top of all the thought provoking questions the movie submits, the music is on its own a masterpiece, the music specially written for this movie says more about the story than any line the characters say. Out of all the things this movie does for the philosophical mind, its most audacious quip is deaths naive love of peanut butter. This story is so deep it makes Shakespeare look shallow and Aristotle close minded. If you want the 21st century’s linguistic master mind, enjoy the plot of Martin Brest’s “Meet Joe Black” and the musical wonderment of Thomas Newman, Lewis Armstrong and James Horner.