The Darjeeling Limited | Teen Ink

The Darjeeling Limited

The Darjeeling Limited

Wes Anderson (The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou and The Royal Tenenbaums) teams up with Roman Coppola (Marie Antoinette and The Virgin Suicides) to direct what will be their best film thus far. The Darjeeling Limited is this falls most creative comedy/adventure film and a guaranteed Academy Award winner. Starring Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, and Jason Schwartzman, it tells the story of three American brothers and their train trek across India in hopes of a successful “spiritual quest”. Having not spoken to one another in a year (since their father’s funeral) they plan to find themselves and rekindle brotherhood bonds. As expected, complications arise and their voyage across India soon veers rapidly off-course. Eventually they find themselves stranded in the desert with an incredible odd array of items from eleven suitcases to a laminating machine. A new journey begins as they travel not only in hopes to find themselves (and an airport) but their mother who has exiled herself. After meeting the people of India, climbing mountains and adventuring together, they decide that all their preoccupations and worries could never replace the opportunity they have to bond as family. Light-hearted and full of laughter, this film is for anyone with just a hint of adventure in his or her soul.