Inception | Teen Ink

Inception

By MariahBoBiah SILVER, Austin, Texas
MariahBoBiah SILVER, Austin, Texas

Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars.
Les Brown

The movie “Inception” is a welcome surprise from what has become a sea of indistinguishable and trite offerings from Hollywood. Part of its greatness is Leonardo DiCaprio (Dom Cobb), who gives one of the best performances of his career, assuring his placement on the celeb “A” list for a very long time. When Inception ended, it felt as if I had only been in the theater for just a few minutes rather than two and a half hours. Its endless plots and sub plots combined with the numerous twists and turns will have you wanting to see it multiple times in order to find new details. All of the elements come together perfectly in the movie to create a genuinely compelling, suspenseful and thought-provoking summer blockbuster that succeeds viscerally as well as intellectually. Spoiling Inception is near impossible without writing out a manual to explain what those spoilers mean, but regardless, I will only give you a brief summary. The main character Dom Cobb is a well trained and highly dangerous thief. He is by far the best at what he does, which is the extremely dangerous art of extraction. Extraction is stealing treasured secrets from people deep inside their subconscious during the dream state, when the mind is most exposed to new ideas. Cobb's rare ability to achieve extraction inside someone’s mind has made him a very valuable person in the world of corporate espionage, but it has also made him a wanted criminal in the USA and several other countries, and cost him everything he loved in his life. Then, Cobb is offered a job that will change his life back to what it was before, and restore his broken credibility. This one last job could give him everything he wants, but only if he can accomplish what s considered by everyone in his world to be impossible-inception. The idea is to not steal an idea, but give one. If done correctly, it would be the crime of all crimes. But no amount of careful contemplation or skill can prepare this team for the dangers in store. It’s an enemy like no other, an enemy that seems to know there every move. An enemy that only one man could have seen coming. Cobb.

I really loved this movie and I hope that this review reflects that!

David said...
Good someone agrees with me:)

Gina said...
yeah are you crazy!!! It was fantastic! (and so Is your review btw mariah)

David said...
How could you not like this movie?!?!?!

Beca said...
I didnt enjoy the movie that much... but AMAZING review! This is the best movie review I have ever read in here or anywere.

CeeCee said...
Great! I gave it five stars:)

Molly-Bolly said...
I <3 this review!! Your an amazing Writer!

Monica said...
Oh my goodness this is one of the best reviews I have ever read!

Lilly said...
WOW. Great review!! I loved this movie so much and you potrayed it perfectly without giving anything away!! Great Job!!!