Post Grad | Teen Ink

Post Grad

By Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York
Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York

Ryden Malby is a bright college graduate ready to take on the world. She has everything planned out; where she's gonna work, where she's gonna live. Everything. But when her car gets wrecked and her dream job turns her down on the same day, her whole plan seems to go down hill. Since she doesn't have any money to pay for her planned-on residency, she has to move back home to live with her out-of-control father, kind-of reasoning mother, imaginative little brother, and "dying" grandmother. Desperate to get her life back, she decides to go job hunting, getting interview after interview, even taking some really lousy temp jobs, while unknowingly losing her life-long best friend who has a huge crush on her. Will Ryden be able to get her life back? Will she EVER find a job so she can move out of her parent's house? And will she ever figure out her best friend's feelings for her before it's too late?

With a fearless, talented cast made up of Gilmore Girl Alexis Bledel, "Glee" villain Jane Lynch, Mr. Mom Michael Keaton, and Hollywood legend Carol Burnett, "Post Grad" is a quirky gem of a movie. The script is smart and truly embraces the individual spirit of Ryden but also the collective spirit of Ryden's family. All in all, "Post Grad" is a great movie for someone who wants to sit down and relax for a few hours or just wants a change of pace when it comes to movie content. Whether you're a teen, a parent, or a grandparent, "Post Grad" is an unconventional delight for anyone. Enjoy!