Soul Surfer | Teen Ink

Soul Surfer

By SimplyRachel PLATINUM, Charlotte, North Carolina
SimplyRachel PLATINUM, Charlotte, North Carolina

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift, that's why we call it the present."
~Unknown
"Things change, friends leave, and life doesn't stop for anybody."
~Stepgen Chbosky

Soul Surfer was an amazing movie. It's great for the family and its very inspirational. Soul Surfer is about a girl, Bethany Hamilton, who got her left arm bitten off by a shark at 15 years old while surfing with her best friend in the North Shore in Hawaii. Bethany lost her whole arm and feared she wouldn't be the same. She feared she would not be able to ever surf again. A few weeks after her stiches were taken out, Bethany decided she was going to surf again and compete in the next compition. She came in last place because she had so much trouble getting out to the water. At the end of the compition, Bethany decided to give up on surfing. Later on she went on a mission trip to Thailandand when she came back she had recieved many letters from fans. All of these fans inspired Bethany to surf again and she went on to compete in the World Junior Notionals Surf Compition. Bethany came in fifth out of sixth place but never gave up. Bethany's story inspired me to not give up. I broke my leg and I always said I could not do things but after seeing this movie and what happened to Bethany Hamilton, I know I can do it. If she can get back up and surf and fufill her dream of becoming a professional surfer after losing an arm, I know I can do just about anything. Like her father told her in the hospital, "I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength." Anything is possible. No matter what you have gone through. And just like Bethany said "Life is like surfing, when your right there in the impact zone, ya gotta get right back up because you never know what lays over the next wave."

~Unknown
~Stepgen Chbosky

No she wasn't. She was 15. And I wroe this RIGHT sfter seeing the movie so I know what Im talking about. And Ive seen the movie again since writing this. So yeah

RedWritingHood SILVER, Crawfordville, Florida

I must be a mermaid, for I have no fear of depths but a great fear of shallow living.

I mean no offense, but when I read a review on something, I would like the information to be accurate. I think you need to get some further information on this subject before you post a review. For instance, Bethany was only 13 when she lost her arm.