She's the Man | Teen Ink

She's the Man

Based on Shakespeare's play "Twelfth Night", "She's the Man" is a sporty comedy that keeps you laughing throughout the entire movie. The main character, Viola, decides to disguise herself as her brother, Sebastian after her school's girl soccer team got cut. Since Sebastian was running away to London for a couple weeks, Viola decided to enter the new school that he was going to and try out for the boy's soccer team there. Viola transforms into Sebastian and has many hilarious habits that she learns including shaving and walking like a boy. She also has to learn to disguise her feelings for guys, especially Duke (Channing Tatum)her roommate. It ends with a soccer match: Cornwall (Viola's school) VS Illyria (Sebastian's school) in which Viola proves that she can accomplish anything the boys can.
The cast includes an array of well known actors like Amanda Bynes (Viola), Channing Tatum (Duke), and Vinnie Jones (Coach Dinklage). They are all great actors alone, but together they are phenomenal. Although it is PG-13, I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone looking for an entertaining sports comedy.