She's the Man | Teen Ink

She's the Man

By Michelle.D SILVER, Hemet, California
Michelle.D SILVER, Hemet, California

“You can never solve a problem with the same kind of thinking that created the problem in the first place.”
-Albert Einstein

Viola: No man... if you wanna kiss her... You go right ahead and you kiss her! I mean, knock your self out! You just take her... then kiss her. Then kiss the crap out of her!
Duke: Okay
She’s the man is full of so many funny quotes and memorable lines. It’s the perfect romantic comedy made for teens. When I’d heard so much about it I simply had to find out for myself if it was as good as everyone had told me it was. When the movie came to an end I knew right away this was going to be a personal favorite and simply began it all over again. The story is very relatable and it truly shows the interactions of teenage boys and girls in a realistic way because of its complete confusion. Based on William Shakespeare's Twelfth Night the story takes some strange twist and ultimately keeps any viewer entertained. Viola Hastings (Amanda Bynes) is a true soccer lover and when her High school cuts the team she had no further choice then to dress up as her twin brother Sebastian (James Kirk), and try out for the boys soccer team at Illyria Prep School in order to prove her skills to the boys’ team at Cornwall. Through all this confusion Olivia (Laura Ramsey) falls in love with Sebastian, only it’s not really Sebastian that she loves but Viola dressed as Sebastian. Under her wig and baggy clothing Viola soon develops feeling for her roommate Duke Orsino (Channing Tatum) at good looking, striker on the soccer team that turns out to be her dream guy. Friendships are made and broken and love is in the air for this fresh comedy. As all the confusion gets worse with the addition of newly found drama as the story soon ends with a clean happily ever after.

I love this movie and I really wanted to get it out there so everyone who has been crazy enough to not watch it will finally realize they need to watch it!

Michelle.D SILVER, Hemet, California

-Albert Einstein

Hahahahha Yeah right!!!! Love you too!! Hahaha

kaitlin96 SILVER, Hemet, California

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”
-Benjamin Franklin

alright, i guess that was okay...but im pretty sure mine was better!! haha jk love u :P