Finding Nemo | Teen Ink

Finding Nemo

By kaitlin96 SILVER, Hemet, California
kaitlin96 SILVER, Hemet, California

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”
-Benjamin Franklin

“Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming, what do we do? We swim, swim swim. I love to swim.” Some may know this line very well and some may not. This is a line from the famous movie “Finding Nemo.” This movie is a favorite for kids of any age. It came out in 2003 and has been popular ever since.
Finding Nemo is about two clownfish, Marlin and Nemo. Marlin and his wife struggle to keep their eggs safe from sharks and larger fish in the deep sea. One ordinary day, a larger fish comes and eats all the baby eggs and the mom dies. Later, Marlin the father finds one egg in the reef. He cherishes that egg. It then hatches and that’s where the story begins. The whole movie is about Nemo and Marlins life.
Shortly after Nemo hatches, he is scooped up by a diver on his first day of school. Nemo is then taken to Sydney and placed in a tank in a dentist office. While he is safe with a school of other fish in the tank, his dad is endlessly looking day and night for his beloved son. He goes through treacherous trials and hardships such as meeting sharks, swimming through sewer systems and many other dark places. Along the way, Marlin meets Dory, a Blue Tang with short term memory loss. The only thing she remembers throughout the whole movie is the name and address found on the divers mask leading them to Nemo, “P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.”
Through the whole movie, Marlin and Dory try to find Nemo showing the trait of endurance and perseverance. This movie is a great motivation movie and has many different standards kids of any age should learn.