40 Days and 40 Nights | Teen Ink

40 Days and 40 Nights MAG

Thelatest must-see movie, "40 Days and 40 Nights" starring Josh Hartnett,is a witty comedy. The dreamy Hartnett appeals to teenage girls and the plotintrigues the guys. I advise all teens to see this popcorn pic for a goodlaugh!

After Matt (Hartnett) breaks up with his spiteful girlfriend, hehas a bout of depression. His heart has been aching and his commitments have beenlacking. Matt has no interest in any other girl, so for Lent (the period beforeEaster when some Christians give up something for 40 days) Matt decides to giveup anything related to sex.

Matt, a 20-year-old guy who has never beenable to complete anything in his life, decides to go where no man has gone andmake a vow: no sex, whatsoever, for 40 days. No touching, kissing, foolingaround, nothing. But when Matt meets the girl of his dreams (Shannyn Sossamon),can he keep his vow?

After making this vow, Matt goes crazy. Womenconstantly try to seduce him to make him give in, and everyone is betting that hewill not succeed.

In "40 Days and 40 Nights," Hartnett playsagainst his usual type by taking on a comedic role, and he does a great job. Hehas played a variety of roles, from the horror flick "The Faculty" tothe romance, "Here on Earth." Hartnett saw his status explode lastspring with "Pearl Harbor." He also starred in another war movie,"Black Hawk Down."

The ending to "40 Days and 40Nights" is surprising and wickedly clever. I recommend all teens see thismovie. A good laugh is always nice!

This movie is rated"R."