A Walk to Remember | Teen Ink

A Walk to Remember MAG

By Anonymous

   "A Walk to Remember" is exactly that: unforgettable. Based on the book byNicholas Sparks, its casting is inspired and the plot is full of quirky twists.Even though the guys I saw this film with deemed it a "chick flick"(and it definitely is a tear-jerker), it is also a must-see. This emotional moviewill help you learn to believe in and trust others, as well asyourself.

Playing the lead, Jamie, is none other than pop singer MandyMoore. Although most singers are not successful in their transition from music tomovies, Mandy pulls it off with incredible ease. She sends the film's messagestraight to your heart and into your mind.

She is not the onlycharacter worth watching, though - playing the rebel Landen is Shane West,Hollywood's newest heartthrob. His looks alone will make you a fan of this film,but his acting will engage you.

This film takes place in Landen's andJamie's small town. After making some bad decisions, Landen must do communityservice tutoring and acting in the high school's spring show. Jamie is alsoinvolved in these activities, but for her own enjoyment. They run into each otherfrequently, and Landen is fascinated by the fact that Jamie does what she wantswithout worrying what others think. Little does Landen know that Jamie willchange his approach to life.

If you melt over love stories, this film isfor you. With great music by Mandy and great acting, I recommend "A Walk toRemember." Oh, and a bit of advice - take along some tissues!