A Walk to Remember | Teen Ink

A Walk to Remember MAG

"A Walk to Remember" is exactly that: unforgettable. Based on the book byNicholas Sparks, its casting is inspired and the plot is full of quirky twists.Even though the guys I saw this film with deemed it a "chick flick"(and it definitely is a tear-jerker), it is also a must-see. This emotional moviewill help you learn to believe in and trust others, as well asyourself.

Playing the lead, Jamie, is none other than pop singer MandyMoore. Although most singers are not successful in their transition from music tomovies, Mandy pulls it off with incredible ease. She sends the film's messagestraight to your heart and into your mind.

She is not the onlycharacter worth watching, though - playing the rebel Landen is Shane West,Hollywood's newest heartthrob. His looks alone will make you a fan of this film,but his acting will engage you.

This film takes place in Landen's andJamie's small town. After making some bad decisions, Landen must do communityservice tutoring and acting in the high school's spring show. Jamie is alsoinvolved in these activities, but for her own enjoyment. They run into each otherfrequently, and Landen is fascinated by the fact that Jamie does what she wantswithout worrying what others think. Little does Landen know that Jamie willchange his approach to life.

If you melt over love stories, this film isfor you. With great music by Mandy and great acting, I recommend "A Walk toRemember." Oh, and a bit of advice - take along some tissues!

Introduction
A Walk To Remember was an intruding message that made  me smile one minute and be crying the next.  I think the reason Nicholas Sparks wrote the book was to let you know that people do change, and no matter if somebody (even your best friend), isn’t happy with your choice if you are then that’s all that matters.  The purpose to me of writing this story was that no matter how disobedient another is, there is always that one significant other who may fix or change him/her for the better.
Description and summary of content
A Walk To Remember is about a young girl (Jamie) and a young boy (Landon) who fall in love.  A trick was pulled on another High School student and ended up putting him in the hospital, Landon was caught and had to do after school activities. One of them ending up being a drama class, with Jamie Sullivan.  As the play that they both had to attend came closer and closer Landon eventually asks for help. As they help each other through this journey, a heartbreaking secret comes out and puts their relationship on the end. Does it work out? What’s the secret?
Evaluation
I rated this book as a five-star book. A Walk To Remember shows you that not only does love exist, but there are good people out there. I believe this book showed me that even though Landon was bad and disobedient, Jamie could change all that. Not only because she was his girlfriend, but he loved her. This book is not saying to try and change someone, but let yourself show and maybe they will change for the better.
Conclusion
The purpose to me of writing this story was that no matter how disobedient another is, there is always that one significant other who may fix or change him/her for the better. As the play that they both had to attend came closer and closer Landon eventually asks for help. As they help each other through this journey, a heartbreaking secret comes out and puts their relationship on the end. Does it work out? What’s the secret? . I believe this book showed me that even though Landon was bad and disobedient, Jamie could change all that. Not only because she was his girlfriend, but he loved her. This book is not saying to try and change someone, but let yourself show and maybe they will change for the better.  

lovley said...
u spelled movie wrong

Mojo1 said...
on Sep. 28 2010 at 9:57 am
Mojo1, Housing, West Virginia

"don't Let the door hit you on the way out"

I love this ovie. It is such a tear jerker. i think it is so sweet how he thinks he is all big and bad and she kows he's not then he falls in love with her. i think he is such a sweetheart taking his time and building a telescope for her so she can look at the stars before she passes. The part that really bothers me is when she tells him that she is sick and she runs awaybut he doesn't go after her. Duh he should have went after her.