E.T. The Extra Terrestrial | Teen Ink

E.T. The Extra Terrestrial

By Derek Cardall BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
Derek Cardall BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

E.T. The Extra Terrestrial is at the top of the Rotten Tomatoes list for best science fiction movie. This Steven Spielberg film had its original twist on a timeless story about two friends. The aliens came to Earth to investigate, but when a disturbance from human researchers causes them to leave abruptly, they had to leave before E.T. could climb aboard. The story’s hero Elliot, played by Henry Thomas, waits up all night to find the mysterious out-of-towner. When E.T. approaches Elliot, both of them are full of fear, but soon after Elliot takes the stranger in, they become friends.
This movie gave a different opinion of aliens. Instead of being a scary monster that takes over our planet, E.T. is a friendly being who has a loving relationship with Elliot. E.T. The Extra Terrestrial was a suspenseful movie that had lots of unexpected turns which had me wondering what will happen next. What the actors did in the situation was not believable; however, with the script they were given, they did a good job. The scene where they are flying around looked really fake and was a laugh to look at. The design of E.T. was realistic and better than Yoda.
I enjoyed watching E.T. The Extra Terrestrial, and I would recommend it to science fiction lovers and all people who like the idea of friendships coming out of unexpected situations.

SJob said...
SJob, Horton, Michigan
I love ET. Nice job on your review,